Hi from PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zack234

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name's Zack. I bought a homebrew kit last year, and I would like to get more use out of it. I was working two jobs to get some college debt paid off, but now, I've opened up some time in my schedule.

I started out with a stout, and it turned out extremely malty with a very thick head. The more I read, the more I see where I made mistakes throughout the brewing process. I'm still trying to properly learn how to use a hydrometer. I have read a few different tips, but haven't found a decisive answer.

I'd like to get back into the homebrew community with an IPA. Anything simple to get accustomed to brewing again?

Thanks. I forgot to mention that I live about 12 miles away from the Yuengling Brewery. I visit it every few months.

Greetings and salutations! If you're looking for a nice and simple IPA, I'd suggest checking the recipe forum or the recipe database and find a well-reviewed extract IPA recipe. There's quite a few of them, given the style's popularity here in the states.

And again, welcome to HBT!

Thanks for the warm reception. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to contribute, but I'm hoping to learn a lot.

Welcome to the forums. I spend a ton of time lurking here and it's been great for my beer. I agree with shadowmage about good IPA recipes here. I know there is a highly rated Amarillo IPA that is extract. I've recently fallen in love with Simcoe hops, so they've been in a Troeg's Nugget Nectar inspired beer I made and a variation of the high rated Orange Pale Ale recipe on here.

Welcome to the forums from another PA brewer. Don't lurk too much or you'll end up AG in no time :fro: (not that that's a bad thing)

Where around PA are you from?

Back