Hi from Hudson Valley Area, NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slick37c

Reaction score
Hey everybody, long time lurker first time poster :). Well I just got two surprise checks in the mail that let me finally start up brewing. I have a Brown Ale going from a True Brew kit and everything's goin well. :tank:

Welcome! I'm down in Rockland County. I know of a few other brewers in the area, but I'm not sure if any of them are on here.

Enjoy the vast amounts of info on the site!

Thanks guys (maybe gals). I'm actually from the Poughkeepsie, NY area... So not really lol.

Got my Brown Ale in secondary now just because I don't have the bottles yet. Gonna have to get to it this weekend! :drunk:

Well well well, fellow Hudson Valley folk!!! Welcome!! Ben25, have you ventured out to Defiant Brewery in Pearl River yet? Or anyone for that matter? They have a homebrewers meeting there the first and third Wed of the month, and the fifth sometimes too. Very casual, pretty much just hang around and drink each others brew, as well as the brewerys'. There's a meeting tomorrow night but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it. Defiant is at the Pearl River train station.

Damn, Ben25 I just noticed you're from Suffern. I grew up there and pretty much started my drinking "career" at Sutters. And Defiant is owned by the same brewer (Neill Acer) at Mountain Valley / Ramapo Valley back when they were open.

I have been to a few meetings, and I definitely plan on going tomorrow night! I'm bringing my Honey Blonde Ale, and some Melted Tubing Brown Ale as well. I usually stop by there for a beer whenever I'm in PR...

I have been to a few meetings, and I definitely plan on going tomorrow night! I'm bringing my Honey Blonde Ale, and some Melted Tubing Brown Ale as well. I usually stop by there for a beer whenever I'm in PR...
we very well may have met then.

Oh well, it was worth a guess. I may have met you, but you know how it is meeting a bunch of people and then getting druck. They call me 'the new guy' and sometimes Ben.

OK, I remember now. I may see you there tonight. Now at least I'll remember your name.

Back