Hi from Chicago burbs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsmcgee

Reaction score
Hi fellow beer fans from the Chicago suburbs. I just wanted to thank everyone for their incredible knowledge here. I've learned a lot in a short time using the stickies and the search feature. I brewed my first batch of beer this month using a Brewers Best Deluxe brewers kit bought from my LHBS and a Brewers Best IPA beer kit. I bottled last Friday and couldn't resist a green beer sample tonight and it was excellent. It was already decently carbed and tasty. It does obviously need more time to mellow, but my mother-in-law who barely likes beer tried some and said "You actually made this. It's really good." I'm hooked on the hobby and psyched to make some more awesome homebrew.

Thanks again for your everyone's knowledge. I'll probably ask some stupid noob questions, but that's only because I am a detail oriented person who likes to know how things work and why little details make a difference.

Welcome. Your at the beginning of a long, well traveled road. Many little bumps and turns, peaks and valleys, but a great road none the less!

The only thing I'll guarantee is that you'll have fun!

Bull

Welcome to the forum!

Did I miss something, or is Chicago STILL a suburb of Marengo?

glenn514:mug:

I just tried a my first cold homebrew after 6 days of bottle conditioning and it's damn good. A little unbalanced, and way better than I hope for already, but I imagine in two more weeks it will be great.

My wife, who hates beer, said it was the worst thing she's ever tried, but that just means it's probably great by everyone else's standards. :mug:

Edit to add that I'm drinking my first Sam Adams Summer Ale right now and it tastes like dog piss!

Back