Hi from a beer town

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalhead_brewer

Reaction score
Hi everyone i'm writing from a small town in mexico just at the border with Tecate CA named Tecate Baja California, home of the Cuahutemoc Moctezuma Brewery and Cerveceria Mexicana thanks to that at least once a week we wake up with the sweet smell of hot wort that invades the city center when they are brewing,
i'm a obsessed fan of hombrew i have about 10 months hombrewing and i enjoy it a lot both brewing and drink it :ban: i'm always looking for info about styles, recipes, culture yeasts and everything about it as i'm a complete newbie in the scene wtih just 10 brews under my belt (yes now i have more beer that i can drink but who cares sooner or later i will jejejeje:tank:),
i have learned a lot in the process and i hope i can share my passion with all you guys and learn much more for everyone about this fascinating world of homebrew.
i'm a fan of wheats,scottish, stouts and porters and all it's variants but i enjoy drinking all styles.
Thank you very much for accepting me in the forum.
:rockin::rockin:

Welcome Metalhead! What have you brewed in your 10 batches? Which is your favourite? :mug: :rockin:

Hi pursuit0fhoppiness my first two were extract recipes a dry stout and a pale ale then i switched to all grain, with a heffe (one of my favourites:ban:), a RIS i stole from https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=238807 thanks to marubozo (still in secondary been 5 months since then and i'm planning to leave it there for about two more months:D) a double chocolate stout i made from RIS second runnings, Irish red ale, English brown ale(delicious),a robust porter, A cream ale (still in primary) another pale ale this time from all grain, and more delicious than the extract one (i'm drinking one while i write this:mug:) and i think that's all of them, my favourites have been heffe, robust porter and double chocolate stout, but i really enjoyed making and drinking all of them and i still have to try the RIS,and cream ale too.

by the way your nick reminds me one of my favourite songs named pursuit of vikings yeaaaah!!!!:rockin::rockin:

Metal head what are the Mexican laws and the availability of Ingrediants. I am considering retirement there but I would like to brew!:mug:
re

Metal head what are the Mexican laws and the availability of Ingrediants. I am considering retirement there but I would like to brew!:mug:
re

Hi ChelisHubby it all depends on the state and county you live,if you want to open a hombrew pub here in Baja California in four out of five countys hombrew is regulated for good, you pay a year permit to the government and you have the right to make it, store it, and sell it, the permit cost depends on countys regulation and is about 1,000 to 2,000 bucks per year, yep that's cheap and is to promote tourist atraction to the entity and as long you have a cleaning brewing enviroment everything is gonna be ok local permits such a fireman department, bussines activities etc. are easy and cheap to get i have been thinking for a while in making some kind of brew pub here, because we don't have any yet, there are some restaurants that sells "cerveza artesanal" that's how they call hombrew here in mexico but nothing serious and exiting as a full brewpub, but a lot of money is involved for rent, furniture, new equipment etc. But if you want to just hombrew for yourself you can make all the beer you want there is no limitations for that.:tank::D,if you decide to come around i'll be very pleased to go and and take a lot of sips to your batches yeaaah!!:mug::rockin:

Availability is very good you can buy all the malt you need at good prices here in mexico or you can import them from other countryes.

Back