Hi Everyone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnman68

Reaction score
I joined a few days ago, and just found the intro thread. I am from Norman, Oklahoma. I live on a 5 acres. I retired in 07 from Tinker AF base, I love being retired, except that about three yrs ago I had to have open heart surgery.Then it seemed like my health went to hades. My hobby before surgery was a living history camping, my persona was a pre 1840 mountian man. then I tried curing meat like ham, bacon, breakfast sausage, bratwurst, salami, hot dogs and other cured meats, and smoking them. Then my health got worse and I was surfing the net and saw HBT. So far all I have done is try to brew some cider. It didn't turn out to taste very drinkable, So I dumped it and I will start another batch, probably this coming weekend. If the Good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise. Huumm, looks like some more rain coming!!!!!

Have a good weekend

mtnman68

Welcome to the forum, from Minnesota!

Don't let a bad batch throw you. We all have a few dumper batches--it's all part of learning the craft. And if you do get another bad-tasting one, be sure to write a thread about it, with a description. People here will help troubleshoot.

Cheers!

I joined a few days ago, and just found the intro thread. I am from Norman, Oklahoma. I live on a 5 acres. I retired in 07 from Tinker AF base, I love being retired, except that about three yrs ago I had to have open heart surgery.Then it seemed like my health went to hades. My hobby before surgery was a living history camping, my persona was a pre 1840 mountian man. then I tried curing meat like ham, bacon, breakfast sausage, bratwurst, salami, hot dogs and other cured meats, and smoking them. Then my health got worse and I was surfing the net and saw HBT. So far all I have done is try to brew some cider. It didn't turn out to taste very drinkable, So I dumped it and I will start another batch, probably this coming weekend. If the Good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise. Huumm, looks like some more rain coming!!!!!

Have a good weekend

mtnman68

Mrnman68 and other new Military Vets within the HBT Forum - As a Vet, Thank YOU for YOUR service....YOUR time in Service means a lot to ME. Also, please take your time with the HBT, as it can become addicative..

From the brother of a navy pilot, I have to say thank you for your service! I have the utmost reapect and admiration for our service men and women, so truly, thank you. Welcome to the forum! And like others have said, don't let a few dumper batches get you down. I've had my fair share, and even now that I've got quite a few batches under my belt, I still get the occasional dumper. Welcome and good luck! :mug:

check out the "Man I Love Apfelwein" thread for a dead-simple German style cider... apple juice, sugar, yeast, and patience.... There's the "How many Gallons of Ed Wort's Apfelwien" Thread that can attest to it's popularity... I try to keep one going at all times.

And Welcome to HBT... before long you'll be brewing beer, making mead, kombucha, rice wine, etc, etc...

It's an obsession!

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from CO :mug:

Thank you for your service.

I have heart issues as well, I hope you persevere and thrive.

Back