Hey, hey, hey!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzARzz

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say, "Hello!" I live in Kentucky, am in my mid 30s and my girlfriend has become jealous of my beloved new mistress: Brewing.

I started brewing back in April for a class project. I'm in culinary school and for a final project in our International Cooking class we had to pick a country and make 2-3 dishes native to the culture. I picked New Zealand and thought it would be fun to make Ginger Beer as part of my presentation. The only problem was I'd never brewed in my life :confused:.

I found HomBrew Talk member "ftlstrings''" great (but thankfully simple) recipe online (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f25/ginger-beer-wine-yeast-104007/) and visited a local brewing shop for supplies. The owners couldn't be nicer and were eager to give me enough basic information to get started. In retrospect they were more like crack dealers giving me my first hit for free because I’ve been hooked ever since.

As a testament to “ftlstrings,” everyone loved the Ginger Beer and it was the life of our final (I love any vocation where drinking beer during a practical exam is encouraged).

HomeBrewTalk.com has been an invaluable resource and I’d like to thank all the creative, clever people here who have taught me so much already. Home brewing for me is a marriage of all my favorite interests (science, chemistry, art and resourceful ingenuity) and it’s refreshing to meet so many people who feel the same.

Back