Here's to Jdoiv!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks to Jdoiv, who drove to the Sundrop bottling co. in Pulaski, TN... picked up 16 corny kegs... 3 of which are mine!

After some scrubbing and soaking, they are as good as new!

Best of all, I got all three kegs and new o rings (excluding the lid o ring) for 15 bucks a piece! You cant beat that deal...

5436-IMG00015.jpg

So heres to you, Jdoiv! Thanks for the great deal!:mug: :mug: :mug:

Here to you Jdoiv! A true Gentleman and a scholar, and all around nice guy to help out a fellow brewer!

Thanks guys! It wasn't a big deal though and I got to play hookie from work for an afternoon.

I was wondering the same thing, I am only 30-45 minutes from there

No special contact. They sell on eBay but it's cheaper to go and pick them up. You have to clean and rebuild them. I had extra o-rings that I gave aekdbbop when he picked them up. You can order the o-rings from McMaster and the post and in/out rings both come in a package of 100 so you'll have enough for 50 kegs. Lid o-rings come in packs of 10. Here's the address in Pulaski:

Sundrop Bottling Co., Inc.
> > 340 industrial blvd., pulaski, tn 38478 M-F 8-5

You should call in advance and let them know your coming, especially if you plan on picking up a bunch. Just go to the main office during office hours and tell them your want to buy soda kegs. Also, I think it's cash only. Take your time inspecting them when you pick them up. Sometimes they have issues.

jdoiv said:
You should call in advance and let them know your coming, especially if you plan on picking up a bunch. Just go to the main office during office hours and tell them your want to buy soda kegs. Also, I think it's cash only. Take your time inspecting them when you pick them up. Sometimes they have issues.

Thanks for the info as well - I am gonna try and head up this week or early next. Were they pressurized or anything? Outside of obvious signs of outward abuse or if they don't hold pressure I am not sure what to look for. I figure I might as well buy 8-10 of em and just clean them and put em up in the attic as the gas/time costs more than just 2-3 kegs.

-Jon

I think he said that all of them were pressure tested, but i dont know if Jdoiv did it, or if they came that way..

Make sure the rubber is still glued on well, they hold pressure, the connects are ok,and no huge dings.. thats about it

The kegs I picked up last week were all still wrapped up on a palate waiting to be inspected. They all had varying amounts of soda still in them and all were holding pressure as they had been recently disconnected from wherever they came from.
I helped the guy at Sundrop pull all the pressure relief valves and depressurize the kegs so we could inspect the lid bales. This let me know that they all were holding pressure. You could take a CO2 tank with you and test them there if you want. I think they normally pull them off the palates and rinse them out before you pick them up. Only problem with this is that they sometimes mix up the lids and they don't seal as well as they could. If you call ahead, you may want to ask them to not bother cleaning any up for you and you'll take them as is. That way they lids, posts and things are all still in working order.

Thanks for the advice, I don't have my CO2 tank yet, so I will just ask to leave them dirty and pressurized so that I can check them when I get there. Sounds like they are pretty good to work with, so they can probably help me inspect a little bit too.

Latest posts

Back