Here's another question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanbrew

Reaction score
Im doing an IPA right now.......

Fermented for 7 days
Moved to secondary been in there for 10 days
Can i move to fridge and lager it for 10 more days then move to keg and let it finish in there?

i dont understand when to lager or why to lager, can someone clarify this for me and can i lager now or when??????????

you don't have to lager at all. for an IPA you don't really need to lagar. You lagar if you want a lager beer. Correct me if I'm wrong but lagars have a smoother more clear beer, but I've never lagared before so Im not sure. Instead of lagering, I just cold condition the bottle after a few weeks.

I would say if you have a good FG go ahead and bottle, it should be done fermenting unless you want it to age some more. I made one and only fermented for 7 days and turned out great.

No, there's no need to lager. It's good practice to get the beer cold before putting it in a keg to let it clear some more. And if you are filtering it, it should be done when it's cold. Good luck!

Not sure but it was a dry yeast i got in a kit.

Lager yeasts ferment at lower temperatrues and flocculation happens at the bottom. Ale yeast ferment at higher temps and flocculation happens at the top. An IPA is an ale except for a few brew houses (i think one in brooklyn) that make an IPA with a lager yeast. Since you got it in a kit, I would say you used an ale yeast.

Back