Herbs to add to ice-distilled apple & blueberry wine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixnootz

xxx
Reaction score
My friends call it "Redneck Cognac" or "Wine Concentrate". Every winter I make up a quick batch of wine with whatever ingrediants are cheap, and then freeze distill it outside thru the winter. It packs a punch.

This year-- apple juice & blueberries. But the flavor is, well.. a little cheap. Any suggestions for herbs I could use to spice it up? Bonus for medicinal herbs that might enhance the effects :)

Thank you!

Maté's not a bad idea! The taste is pretty gross, so I wouldn't add much, but it sure would give the drink a crazy effect!

This stuff is freezing off as we speak. I'll soak some maté in it once it is distilled.

Now, just something to blend the flavors together?

Maté's not a bad idea! The taste is pretty gross, so I wouldn't add much, ....
LOL....I love the taste, I brew it terere (cold infused) drink it to get me through my 12 night shifts.....great for road trips, just buy some liter water bottles and keep adding water as needed....great "tea like beverage" that kick's tea's butt as ar as effects. I order it by the kilo online, much cheaper than what they want at my local supermarket even with shipping.
Will be interested to see how this goes if you do it, although am considering adding some to a gallon of plain mead, non-concentrated ;) ....maybe throw in some ginger.....you know, for medicinal purposes only

Back