Helping my mom set up a church home brew club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashton

Reaction score
My mom isn't a home brewer. She's usually willing to taste any craft beers my sister, wife, or I pass her way, but at the end of the day she is a Miller Lite girl at heart. She is, however, very interested in the process of home brewing and the history of brewing in the christian church. She's gotten about a dozen like-minded people in her church together and asked me to help her set up a Church/Home Brew Group.

I'm not involved in her church other than the obligatory holidays, but they are all terrific people and I'm flattered/honored to help out with this project! I've already written a few paragraph explanations and directions about the brewing process for them, but I was wondering if anyone on here has done or heard of anything similar. And if so, could I copy some of your ideas, easy recipes, historical lessons, etc!?!?

thanks in advance!

All I can say in regards to brewing for (with?) the masses is keep it simple. First thing I would do is take a consensus about types of brew these folk enjoy, then approach your LHBS and beg to check their recipe book. Chances are high in San-D (especially if you go to Hydrobrew in O-side....highly, highly, highly recommend those guys) that they'll have their own recipe book with extract conversions. I'd triple or even quadruple-up on brewing equipment and get the group separated into individual brew crews, then let them have at it.

Good luck! :rockin:

Back