Help with secondary regulators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrust

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Trying to get my kegging setup complete and I mistakenly tried to skimp and purchased only a primary regulator without concern for serving at different pressures or force carbing.

Could someone help me order the proper fittings, hoses, and clamps in order to add the below secondary to my taprite primary? (primary can be seen here: http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=200)

I want to add a battery of secondary regulators.

I'm thinking of this:

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draf...683ST_three_product_secondary_regulator.shtml

I'll dedicate one secondary to force carbing and the other two to serving different pressures (one with a "Y").

My fourth tap will be dedicated nitro, so no need to bring it into consideration.

Again, I would appreciate any help in putting together the necessary connectors to get this to work.

TIA:mug:

Pretty simple: you need four quick disconnects to fit your keg type (ball lock or pin lock), enough gas tubing to get from the barbed outlet fittings on the secondary to those disconnects (use 5/16" ID gas tubing for this), and gas tubing to get from your primary to the inlet barb on the secondary gang...

Cheers!

Thanks for the quick reply. I should mention I already have a 3-way manifold with gas lines and ball-lock connectors.

Basically, I want to replace the manifold with a battery of 3 secondary regulators, but I'm unsure of what's needed to connect the battery of secondary regulators to the primary regulator.

**edit** If I understand your reply, I can simply use a gas line to connect the primary to the battery of secondaries, then, by removing the current hoses from the 3-way manifold, attach these hoses to the secondary regulators?

That is correct in your thoughts to have a separate regulator for each pressure you are wanting to serve or carb at. They can all be daisy chained together, and if you need multiple outlets at for example 12 psi, then you need one regulator for 12, one for whatever you carb at, say 25psi. You can use a manifold after each regulator to add additional kegs.

VERY IMPORTANT! Have a check valve on each line that leaves your regulator or manifold.

**edit** If I understand your reply, I can simply use a gas line to connect the primary to the battery of secondaries, then, by removing the current hoses from the 3-way manifold, attach these hoses to the secondary regulators?

Yup. You're good to gas up three kegs...(don't know how I got to "four" secondaries. Brain cramp ;) )

Cheers!

Back