help with sanyo 4912 kegerator build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emprbasist

Reaction score
I'm hoping somebody can help me out here. I'm converting my Sanyo 4912 fridge to a kegerator (pretty similar to a lot of people) but I am looking for tips on air cooling the tower. I have a 140mm cooler master PC fan I was hoping to use, but it seems to be bigger than most 'project boxes'. I would like to set it down below the CO2 shelf in the back and run a tube up the tower with the beer lines. Had anyone seen any affordable project boxes that could hold a fan this large, but not much larger so it would still fit under the CO2 shelf? Thanks for your help!

I have been running this kegerator for a year now and never got around to air cooling the tower. No problems yet. Just an fyi incase you start needing to drink the stuff before you figure out a solution :)

Dustinvhaar said:
I have been running this kegerator for a year now and never got around to air cooling the tower. No problems yet. Just an fyi incase you start needing to drink the stuff before you figure out a solution :)

I've been running Mine for about 2 years now, same thing... Never got into cooling either of my two towers I have coming off it. If there is any sort of warmer beer going into the glass, it's nice and cool by the time the glass is full, with the cold beer ontop.
Might be nice to cool the tower, but not 100% necessary!

Rather then get involved in air cooling, I went the easy route. I ran the lines through ~2.5 feet of copper tube (from the connection in the tower to about the middle of the fridge). It keeps the beer in the lines cool enough for me.

Back