Help with picking equipment for my keezer project

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h22lude

Reaction score
So I have a 7 cubic foot Holiday freezer chest coming on Sunday. I'm trying to pick out what I want for equipment and need a little help.

I want either the 525SS or 575SS Perlick faucets with 4 1/8 inch SS shank. I know the 575SS comes with the creamer function but is it worth the extra $18 ($6 x3 faucets). It would be neat to have but I'm trying to justify the extra money. Maybe I can just get 1 for now and slowly add more faucets as I go.

How about a temp controller? Love vs Johnson. I don't know much about the Love controllers but people seem to love them (no pun intended, really). The Johnson controllers seem to be priced well and very easy to use (plug and play basically).

Other than the faucet and the temp controller, I think everything else is ready to go. SS shanks, beer and air lines are good, SS fittings, for now 1 reg with high and low pressure gauges.

Not sure if the creamers are worth it. It's not hard to get a head on your beer with out them. I have a Johnson contoller on mine. Never used a Love, but I have two Johnsons (one on keezer and other on fermentation fridge), and I have no complaints.

I am not convinced the creamer faucets are necessary. Have you considered purchasing just one 575 in case you come across a situation where you want it? As for the controller, like the rest I have only used a Johnson controller and don't have any complaints.

I haven't been convinced that the 575 is worth it. I think it is a gadget that is isn't necessary but cool to have. I think I'm sticking with the 525 and saving some money.

I was leaning towards a Johnson controller. It seems like a lot of people on here have them and like them a lot.

Thanks guys

Back