help with my next recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ninjaracerchick

Reaction score
for my fourth beer and hopefully one of my last before making the jump to partial mash. for my first two i bought kits and only experimented slightly, the third i used a recipe and bought my ingredients but kept it as the person listing did. now my creative juices are flowing a bit and i have aquestion.

im planning on brewing a widmer hefe clone with orange peel, heres my question... im wanting to add honey and im wondering how that will effect my other ingredients. will i need to change the amount of dme im using? help! :drunk:

You can change the amount of dme added, but if you are using no more than a pound of honey, I wouldn't bother. If you use more than a pound, your brew will dry out some. Post your recipe and we can give you better advice.

.5 lbs. American Munich info
.5 lbs. Crystal Malt 40°L info
6 lbs. Dry Wheat info
1.5 oz. Tettnanger (Pellets, 4.50 %AA) boiled 60 min. info
1 oz. Tettnanger (Pellets, 4.50 %AA) boiled 20 min. info
2 oz. Cascade (Pellets, 5.50 %AA) boiled 5 min. info
.5 oz. Sweet orange peel (not included in calculations)
Yeast : White Labs WLP320 American Hefeweizen Ale info

ive been reading mixed reviews about using the dried peel.... would the fresh zest be a better idea?

Back