Help with Ingredients

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ciderinmyshed

Reaction score
I currently only work with cider, however I liked the idea of having a go with a ginger ale or a root beer this summer.
Is there an effective, easy recipe for ginger ale, maybe for a gallon or so?
Where can I pick up ingredients/(or a concentrate?) for root beer in the UK?

I currently only work with cider, however I liked the idea of having a go with a ginger ale or a root beer this summer.
Is there an effective, easy recipe for ginger ale, maybe for a gallon or so?
Where can I pick up ingredients/(or a concentrate?) for root beer in the UK?

I have a ginger ale recipe posted that I really like! (check under my avatar, under recipes). For root beer, I only buy the extract and it's everywhere in the US, even in grocery stores!

Thanks a lot, I'm in the UK so might have to look online for the extract. As for the ginger ale, I'll give it a look, what's the recipe called?

I've got a homemade ginger ale recipe here for a 3 gallon batch. I've been meaning to add my recipes to the recipe database here, since there's not much there for soda, I just haven't made it around to doing it yet.

I've bottled this and it seems that the flavors mellow and blend better after a couple of weeks. It's a bit spicier than a typical ginger ale, but milder than a jamaican ginger beer.

Back