Help with glycol cooling system for beer lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akthor

Reaction score
So after much thought and planning I was about to start building my 1bbl brewery/bar/mancave in the basement. Then an early spring thaw revealed the basement leaks. This is a new house to us but it is a very old lakeside cabin. So I became worried about what other secrets might be upwelcome surprises in the future. Since I was looking at a significant investment in money and labor in putting in flooring, building walls and a bathroom this worried me. I didn't want to do all that work and have it undone by something in the future.

So I convinced the SWMBO that a better idea was to put the brewery in the basement ( which means less renovation and is more forgiving of floods and other surprises ) and to put the bar upstairs.

One challenge upstairs is room. There will be no room for the large milk cooler I got that will hold 6 Sankey kegs. Or the hoist system that will keep me from having to lift full kegs into the cooler. So I am going to to have to keep the kegs downstairs and have the lines going upstairs to the taps. I do know I have to cool those lines so that I don't get foaming.

I'm looking at glycol systems since I could also use it for cooling my fermenters.

So looking around and glycol trunk lines are pretty spendy. So can I build my own cheaper? Someone else on here must be doing something similar.

Latest posts

Back