Help with CO2 Regulator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

korgman

Reaction score
I just bought a complete CO2 system at my local HB store. It was a Foxx kit. I filled the CO2 tank and attached the regulator. I turned the adjusting screw fully counterclockwise and opened the CO2 tank. The tank pressure gauge jumps to about 620PSI, but the output pressure gauge stays at zero. I can't get any CO2 to blow through this thing. Nothing blows out of the relief valve either.

Do I have to do something more to this regulator?

There is normally a knob right on the center of the regulator. Twist it until you see an increase in pressure.

Counterclockwise should be decreasing pressure. with the main valve on try turning the center screw to the right(clockwise) until the secondary gauge starts to read the pressure. If you were reading 620 PSI then that is the primary gauge and the other gauge should rise as you turn the center screw to the right.

I would like to recall this account of the basis of being an idiot. You really got to tighten that adjusting screw to get the flow going.

First timer here :p

counterclockwise usually shuts off the pressure.

btw - the LHBS usually charges premium prices and with that extra $$$ they should be showing you how to use the equipment. Otherwise they offer little in extra value.

edit - good to see you got it

Haha, no problem. My first experience was the same. My buddy had a kegerator, and had turned off the CO2. I just sat there with it not knowing what to do. Hindsight is always great.

American Pale Ale in the keg. Out on the deck at ~ 50 degrees. 15 PSI, no leaks. Thanks all.

Back