Help with a recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer_bones

Reaction score
I'm trying to make something similar to Louisiana spiced ale made by Abita. just curious on peoples opinions what to spice it with

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200515-0723031.png
    Screenshot_20200515-0723031.png
    620.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_20200515-0723131.png
    Screenshot_20200515-0723131.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
I think the base recipe would be simple enough to assemble while taking some liberties but no mention is made of what spice/s is/are used. Any ideas? What does the beer smell and taste like?

From Beer Advocate - In Louisiana, we like spice in our food, our lives and our beer, too. With hints of celery, paprika, lemon peel, bay leaves and a pinch of cayenne, this ale has the savory quality of a crawfish boil. We hopped it with Cascades for a citrus flavor. Refreshing, crisp and slightly sweet with enough kick to keep the party going.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3/206957/

Just guessing here... but what about "Old Bay" seasoning? I've never been to LA but i understand that stuff is like everywhere. Also it kinda sounds like the list they describe.

Edit- ripped this from the web. "Old Bay seasoning is a blend of celery salt, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, ginger, and other spices "

Back