Help with a brewery name

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of these brewery names?

• Braindead Brewing Co.

• Frank James Brewing Co.

• Eastern Outlaw Brewing Co.

Results are only viewable after voting.

illin8

Reaction score
I've been throwing ideas around for a while about what my brewery name should be, but can't seem to buckle down on 'the' one. Y'all seem to be a pretty creative group here with awesome ideas, so I'd figured I'd ask your opinion...

Braindead - My dad always used to call the stupid things that I did as a teenager as being 'braindead'...like routinely doing 'sailors dives' (diving head first with no hands, hands by your sides) from a 30' cliff to impress the chicks...etc. I like it, but don't know if it has the ring I'm looking for or enough meaning behind it. Plus I'm having trouble thinking of a logo that wouldn't be too gothic.

Frank James - My italian grandfather was like a second father to me and passed away 3 1/2 years ago. I learned everything from my dad and him. He and his brother were troublemakers and boxers, and got the knicknames 'Jesse James' and 'Frank James' <-- my pop. That has some relevance to it but again, not sure of the ring to it...

Eastern Outlaw - Expanding on the Frank James concept, FJ was a Southern Outlaw. Kinda has a ring to it and it would be easier making a logo design that wasn't gothic or death indicative. I kinda like this reference the best, but braindead still has a place in my mind...

I'm thinking that with either the Frank James or Eastern Outlaw, I could drop the 'Brewing Co.', much like someone ordering just a 'Sam Adams', I'd order a 'Frank James' or an 'Eastern Outlaw'. I'd focus those words only on the bottle....I don't know...the more I think about it the more undecided I get. Maybe you guys could help me out and deciding...

Did up a quick logo as I'm trying to convince myself...

EasternOutlawLogo1.jpg

I like the way Braindead Brewery rolls off the tongue. Then you could name one of your beers after your Grandfather.

Did up a quick logo as I'm trying to convince myself...

EasternOutlawLogo1.jpg

I have this same font but when I use it the bottom of the "y" gets cut off. How do I fix that?

Thanks for the input so far...for those that picked Braindead which has a better ring to it...

Braindead Brewery

or

Braindead Brewing Co. (BBC)?

I agree with the vote for Eastern Outlaw. When choosing a brewery name, sometimes you have to walk the line between what you want, and what is acceptable to print on a label.

I think Eastern Outlaw, and the logo you have created, has good market potential (in fact, it's beautiful!)l. I would think that Brain Dead Brewery would have the stigma of creating beers that would make you brain-dead (High alcohol), whereas Eastern Outlaw could produce brews that were slightly softer, and gentler to the brain and palette. (Billy the Kid was an outlaw, but his brain was definately functional!)

In the end, the final vote (ie. your opinion) depends on if you want a brewery name that is marketable, or one that is purely for fun.

Cheers,

Rhino

Back