help! Tap-a-draft Leaking..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullseye

Reaction score
Yesterday I used the Tap-a-Draft system to bottle my beer.. One bottle is in the refrigerator on its' side using the Tap-a-draft dispenser lid and co2.. It is fine.. the other 2 bottles that are naturally carbonating using sugar were laying on their side when one of them started leaking at the cap.. I tightened it again but wondering if they are to carbonate in the vertical position rather than lying on their side? If the one continues to leak at the cap, how can I save this bottle? take the lid off and try another one? I need help!

yeah, well I would assume that if liquid is getting out then when you turn it upright the gas is just going to escape and when you open it it'll be flat. I would look at recapping that beast and trying again. it may not be a cap-able bottle though. they are out there. the part just before the lip looks different on those. i dont know about the Tap-a-draft system though.

Latest posts

Back