Help! She's a dude...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaymond

Reaction score
Ok, so just a few guy parts... Just found out I have a Chinook that's a Hermie. Mainly seeing one little part, the rest are crazy looking cones. Do I have anything to worry about? I have Zeus cascade and nugget. Im not going to end up with a chinugget? Cascanook? Chizeus?

1405635151329.jpg

Male flowers are usually brought on by stress. First make sure that you plants have enough water and nutrients.

The flowers are *almost* always sterile. You don't have much to worry about, but feel free to pull the male flowers to keep the plant from wasting energy on them.

All that said: if you do end up with seeds, please let me know. I have a small breeding program going.

Cheers!

I noticed that on another similar thread. If I get some seeds, ill pm you. Ill keep some for myself as well. :) I'm more worried for others growing in the area. If its a sterile flower, then Ill just castrate her and move on with my day. Thanks!

Back