help pls re ceramic tower installation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calgary222

Reaction score
I have an old ceramic round tower I need to install on a counter. It has a brass ring or flange that fits through the counter with the lines housed inside...
There are no holes in the sides of the flange for bolts to go horizontally, so what holds these things down - something like my sketch?

Problem is there are no holes in the internal cross bar beyond the ones that go to the top to do this... anyone installed one of these?

temp.JPG

Got a picture of the actual tower? Is there a flat spot inside where you could put some sort of clamp inside to the bottom of the count. Like a C-clamp?

If not I would just set it in a bead of silicone caulk. The caulk is adhesive enough to hold it in place.

Mine is just like this:
temp.JPG

I had thought about silicon, and may have to go that route, just seems like there should be a better system. C-clamp or a mini bar clamp is a good idea though, and it wouldn't frig up my little fan circulating system... will have to try when back at it on Wednesday... Thanks!

That’s a beauty. I think that silicone will be the best choice. It’s water (beer) proof and easy to use. It should hold just fine, especially since it will be mounted through the counter. If it doesn’t hold you have not done any damage and you can try another approach.

You'll want to find some way to seal the tower base to the counter regardless of attachment technique.
That's often done with a matching gasket, but silicone would work fine...

Cheers!

I have an old ceramic round tower I need to install on a counter. It has a brass ring or flange that fits through the counter with the lines housed inside...
There are no holes in the sides of the flange for bolts to go horizontally, so what holds these things down - something like my sketch?

Problem is there are no holes in the internal cross bar beyond the ones that go to the top to do this... anyone installed one of these?

This is how mine looks from the bottom.
Two long bolts hold it in place.
100_9562.JPG

Thanks Guys,

Claudius, that's what I would have expected my underside to look like, but I didn't have a spot for the two long bolts...

In the end I just silicone it down seems solid enough, just means I have to cut it out if I want to make changes,

Cheers!
IMG_20180416_2311517.jpg

(Day_tripper - hardly recognized you with the change in avatar :) )

Thanks Guys,

Claudius, that's what I would have expected my underside to look like, but I didn't have a spot for the two long bolts...
Could you have drilled two holes for the bolts?

In the end I just silicone it down seems solid enough, just means I have to cut it out if I want to make changes,

Looks nice, great job.

Latest posts

Back