help me with serving stout faucet w/ beer gas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeygecko

Reaction score
happy almost gluttony-fest all. before the turkey overload, please take a couple minutes to help me troubleshoot my issue with new stout facuet and beer gas tank.

i have a big RIS (10%) in a keg. i carbed it to roughly 2 vols (36 degrees @ 5 PSI for a week). i recently purchase a stout faucet (micromatic) and beer gas tank (think its .7 nitro and .3 co2).

tested it this morning, anticipating a nice creamy stout. it's coming out the exact same as it was on a picnic tap being pushed by pure CO2. i started pouring at 30 PSI, and stepped up to 40 after no creaminess. no change. its delicious, but no effect from the stout faucet/beer gas.

so, to ya'll pouring on nitro, what's my problem?

I don't have a nitro setup, but watching them pour at the pub they usually adjust the flow by turning the tip of the faucet...

Last time I did that, was 6 years ago, and i Pre-carbed at 2 volumes (ish) for a week then switched to beer gas for a week at 30psi and served at that and it was perfect... If you just put it on nitro just last night that is not going to do it... You need some time...

Well at least thats how I do it.

Does your faucet have an adjustable restrictor plate? It's the plate that will give the beer that creaminess you are looking for.

Last time I did that, was 6 years ago, and i Pre-carbed at 2 volumes (ish) for a week then switched to beer gas for a week at 30psi and served at that and it was perfect... If you just put it on nitro just last night that is not going to do it... You need some time...

Well at least thats how I do it.

Interesting. I just out it on nitro this morning, but it was carbed for a week. Since beer doesn't absorb nitro, not sure why having on nitro for longer would affect it. Can you shed some light for me? Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Does your faucet have an adjustable restrictor plate? It's the plate that will give the beer that creaminess you are looking for.

It does, but I have not adjusted at all. Will take a look at that!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back