help me wire an illuminated switch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basic rundown. Power supply cord and pump neutrals are connected, white lines. Hot (black or sometimes red) from cord goes to one contact ( usually marked for load coming in) on switch. Hot from pump connects to other contact on switch. If the light on switch stays lit at the wrong time than most likely you have the load contacts reversed, if that makes sense. All three grounds connected together, pump, switch, power cord.

Thanks Emc - that makes sense...i figured out what I was doing wrong. I was jumping to my light contact from the "power in" side of the switch. light was always on. doh!

thanks again

looks like it has a NO (normally open) and NC (normally closed) position. you will be using the NO lugs so your pump only runs when you throw the sw. I don't see that it says there is a "light" lug so you should get light when the sw is closed. if it has i "light" lug you might have to add a jumper to connect that lug to the pump side of the NO.

yup rekoob...there are 2 connections for the light portion of the switch. one for neutral, and one for hot. For the hot connection, I jumped from the pump side of the switch.

all is good now - thanks for your help guys!

Back