help me to clarify in a hurry - swmbo forcing me into stealth brewing mode

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In light of this new insight to the stealth brewing reason, let the beer sit in the fermenter while you remodel the bathroom you have been slacking on. then bottle at your leisure. you gave her your word you would finish it before brewing and did not follow through. better hope she doesnt find out.

I'd challenge ANY of your SWMBO's to a) name a homebrew book author b) know the name/location of your LHBS c) read the newsletter they send d) put all of that together and surprise you with your book signed when you got home from a business trip!

SWMBO not only bought me Randy Mosher's book for Christmas when I mentioned it once several months earlier, but in the last three years I've made only two batches without her assisting.

She also will surprise me every now by secretly looking at my BeerSmith, finding new recipes recently finished, and going to the LHBS (not sure if she knows the name/location, though ;)) to buy the ingredients.

Maybe we have a different idea of the honey-do list.

My bad, I guess I worded my last post a little weird. There's really no "honey-do" list to be done. Whenever one of us is home and the other is out working, the one at home will just clean up. We're both under the assumption that, "If I'm at home not making money, I should at least be helping out by cleaning." That way, if one of us wants to go out and have fun with friends the other can do as they please.

But when we're both home it's all about compromises and coming to agreements, without fighting, bickering, controlling, or either party being passive-aggressive.

In light of this new insight to the stealth brewing reason, let the beer sit in the fermenter while you remodel the bathroom you have been slacking on. then bottle at your leisure. you gave her your word you would finish it before brewing and did not follow through. better hope she doesnt find out.
+1

Obviously your beer isn't quiet ready to bottle so why force it to meet timeline A when you can RDWHAHB, finish the remodel and bottle when it has cleared and is ready. Just change the date on the brewed on date on the carboy to before the agreement and say you've been holding off until the remodel was done. :D

So for the OP I'd say rack it to a secondary and let it clear naturally.

SWMBO not only bought me Randy Mosher's book for Christmas when I mentioned it once several months earlier, but in the last three years I've made only two batches without her assisting.

She also will surprise me every now by secretly looking at my BeerSmith, finding new recipes recently finished, and going to the LHBS (not sure if she knows the name/location, though ;)) to buy the ingredients.

My bad, I guess I worded my last post a little weird. There's really no "honey-do" list to be done. Whenever one of us is home and the other is out working, the one at home will just clean up. We're both under the assumption that, "If I'm at home not making money, I should at least be helping out by cleaning." That way, if one of us wants to go out and have fun with friends the other can do as they please.

But when we're both home it's all about compromises and coming to agreements, without fighting, bickering, controlling, or either party being passive-aggressive.

You have a good marriage my friend!:mug:

A picture says 1000 words.

IMG_34971.JPG

So appropriate, and the best laugh I've had today. Hopefully the OP's situation doesn't get to that point though.

Seriously, my opinion on the matter is let the beer sit, finish your ****. It's not a matter of who wears the pants in the house. Well, it may be, but I'm not going to use that as a reason to decide what you should do since I know nothing about your marriage.

It doesn't sound like the beer is ready to bottle, and you know it, but you are rushing to do it because you have the opportunity. If you let it set, you have something to do (the bath remodel) to keep yourself busy while the beer clears.

The point is you win on both ends if you just leave it be and finish the bathroom. Good beer, happy wife. What more can you ask for?

Back