Help me spend my tax refund!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to go Trail running (just running on in woods, way more fun than on a track), Mountain biking, Roller Hockey, played Paintbal for Ohio University. Now I couldn't run 30ft without being winded and reaching for a beer! And I'm only 26.

I used to go Trail running (just running on in woods, way more fun than on a track), Mountain biking, Roller Hockey, played Paintbal for Ohio University. Now I couldn't run 30ft without being winded and reaching for a beer! And I'm only 26.
Get up and do something. I run every day, anywhere from 4-15 miles depending on whether I'm training for a race. I play hoops on Monday nights. Take my girls skating every Sunday night I'm home.

When did you play for Ohio. I used to play for RIT... until I left. That was actually one of the only things that was weighing in favor of staying.

But I really did have the squirts though!

One thing I hate about getting older, the frequency of this tends to increase as your body decides it's not going to digest certain things.

Get up and do something. I run every day, anywhere from 4-15 miles depending on whether I'm training for a race. I play hoops on Monday nights. Take my girls skating every Sunday night I'm home.

I know I know, We got wii fit and i was using that for a while. You do actaully break a god sweat if you let your self get into it and do it right. But then I took it out and put in Mario Kart. I just have no energy after sitting all say at my desk.

Every time I commit to this, I find I've stopped after a week or two. Believe me, I WANT to incorporate running into my routine but it's so easy to find excuses. For the past two months my wife has been trying to wake me up at 5:30 to run in the morning.

I know I know, We got wii fit and i was using that for a while. You do actaully break a god sweat if you let your self get into it and do it right. But then I took it out and put in Mario Kart. I just have no energy after sitting all say at my desk.

That f'in hilarious. Im the exact same way.

Your geek is showing again.

Just saying. Gone are the days when you could make a video game without a team of 100 and 2 years of development time, and still have it considered one of the best games around.

Every time I commit to this, I find I've stopped after a week or two. Believe me, I WANT to incorporate running into my routine but it's so easy to find excuses. For the past two months my wife has been trying to wake me up at 5:30 to run in the morning.
That's the best time of day. It's when I run. Gives me energy for the day. Nothing like breaking a sweat before breakfast.

The only time I will break a sweat before breakfast is the once a year that I might get lucky in the morning.

That's the best time of day. It's when I run. Gives me energy for the day. Nothing like breaking a sweat before breakfast.

All valid points. But you neglect the fact that it is near impossible for me to force myself awake at 5:30 AM unless I have a plane to catch. At 6. It just. doesn't. happen.

All valid points. But you neglect the fact that it is near impossible for me to force myself awake at 5:30 AM unless I have a plane to catch. At 6. It just. doesn't. happen.

Wait until you have kids that have to be on the bus at 6:30... That will encourage you to get out of bed on time.

Wait until you have kids that have to be on the bus at 6:30... That will encourage you to get out of bed on time.
Yup, another fact about growing old. You will get up earlier and a late night is past 10 p.m.

I even get up at 5:30 on the mornings after I do a game and get home at 1 a.m. Do it for awhile and it becomes habit.

Ah, I see we have a mental block.
In All fairness Shecky, we were well aware of his Mental Problems before this thread everstarted.

Yes, the only time I get out of bed at 5:30 is to get the boy out bed to hand him off to the boob, I mean the wife. Then when i get home, it's time to hold the boy, eat dinner, work on whatever project is most important at that time, then play with the boy and have a beer and then sleep

Ok, i saw the age ones coming but where the hell do all these intelligence ones come from..... come on guys, you cant just make **** up to give people **** about!

Ok well I guess you can do that but it looses most of its humor like that.

Ok, i saw the age ones coming but where the hell do all these intelligence ones come from..... come on guys, you cant just make **** up to give people **** about!

Ok well I guess you can do that but it looses most of its humor like that.
Oh, stop, please. My stomach hurts from laughing.:p

We really should get back on topic before this thread gets moved/closed for being severely OT.

Back to what you should do with your tax return.
You could always get remarried
inflatable.jpg

Anyone want to buy some paintball guns?
100_3478.jpg

100_3484.jpg

Sorry, saw them on my photobucket just now and realized, I should sell those I never use either of them anymore

So the most votes are for a freezer and a chiller. And it's half and half between counterflow and immersion. And I think the next vote down from that was for either a better bottle for a bigger pipleine, or a turkey fryer for full-boils?

We really should get back on topic before this thread gets moved/closed for being severely OT.

Back to what you should do with your tax return.
You could always get remarried
inflatable.jpg

Whats is the the upgraded model from the one he bought last year?

Anyone want to buy some paintball guns?
100_3478.jpg

100_3484.jpg

Sorry, saw them on my photobucket just now and realized, I should sell those I never used either of them

I was always more of a Matrix fan.

What I do when i have money for the next purchase is well i just look at the list I have made up, But what you could do, is think of the part of brewing you like the least, and how do you change that part. Buy/build the solution.

get an immersion chiller. specially if you are inside. The 50' one from AHS comes with a kitchen faucet adapter. Just turn your kitchen sink on and it sends cold water through then back to your sink and down the drain.

I love my immersion chiller.

Back