Help me out - RIMS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Bobby - Picked this up locally here in SWFL - I'll be picking up some new elements from you guys real soon!

@Bobby - Picked this up locally here in SWFL - I'll be picking up some new elements from you guys real soon!

the element in the kettle should come clean with an overnight soak in a PBW solution.... the other one I would replace.... looks like the heat was concentrated at the tip and its wasnt a very low watt density element that was run at full power... Not sure how much research youve done on elements yet but Bobby has a 2000w straight element that would make a good replacement if you want to stick with 240v I believe... and a larger 5000w one you can run at 1200w or so at 120v to be safe.and prevent the type of condition the element you have is in.... Your rims controller appears to be 120v so im guessing there was a stuck sparge or it was dryfired for that to happen...

Back