Help me identify my keg post size

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elgatovolador

Reaction score
I have a corny keg that I want to change the gas post.

I believe this is a firestone keg.

I’m trying to replace it because I don’t trust it as the poppet that came with it seems to be stuck. Not sure if this is normal but I want to be able to fully disassemble and clean/inspect. I have another keg that I can fully disassemble both posts.

I use a 7/8 wrench to take it off.

So any guidance into which post I should buy and or any other specs I need to know to buy the one I need?

IMG_4329.JPG
IMG_4330.JPG
IMG_4331.JPG

The poppet is probably stuck with old dried out soda syrup. Find something to push it out. I wouldn't use anything sharp, I usually use one of the jaws on the open ended side of the wrench.

Thanks everyone I ended up just pushing it out with a screw driver. I was trying to pull it out from inside with needle nose pliers and it wouldn’t bulge.

Replacing the firestone poppet with a universal poppet just because it made me feel stupid for two days.

Can't find old thread, but it was about those 3 legged poppets just have to be....um....convinced firmly to exit, using judicious application of persuasion from above. Like hammer and nail set. Glad the screwdriver worked.

Standard ball lock. Just about any ball lock post will do. The notches on the bottom sides indicate this is the CO2 input post. I have lots of posts. If you are local you are welcome to bring your keg over and we'll fix it.

I’m on the Charlotte NC area but I ended up figuring it out. Thanks for the offer though!

Back