Help me get my CO2 tank out of my fridge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbrewski

Reaction score
I already converted my freezer-top fridge with taps out the front, however right now I have three kegs and the CO2 tank in there. When I bought it, I thought three kegs/taps was fine and that I'd never have to figure out how to drill a hole for a gas line. Now I want to tap that fourth keg!

I am going to bet flat out that no one has this exact fridge - it's an Avanti two-door apartment-size fridge. I got it because it fits a small slot in my otherwise pretty tiny brew-room. But in general, are cooling coils confined to the freezer section? Is there another area that I could safely hit with my hole drill? Or a technique for detecting any cooling lines before I hit them, like cutting view holes inside or outside?

thanks for any input.

I saw don osborn do a video of just this on youtube. He was doing a fridge conversion. I just drilled mine the same way and all went well.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=12p9_sfxFds[/ame]

Back