Help, Ive got a leaky tap...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewcalle

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a question regarding leaking keg faucets. I just built my keezer this winter and have been going fine. I have the carb situation getting under control-ish but I put a computer fan in the keezer yesterday to optimize temperatures throughout the keezer. I poured a few pints and came back to the garage and had beer spilt all over the floor. The taps were closed completely and were not left open. Is it a temp differential from the warm garage causing pressure to push out fluid, leaky seal?

Hey guys I have a question regarding leaking keg faucets. I just built my keezer this winter and have been going fine. I have the carb situation getting under control-ish but I put a computer fan in the keezer yesterday to optimize temperatures throughout the keezer. I poured a few pints and came back to the garage and had beer spilt all over the floor. The taps were closed completely and were not left open. Is it a temp differential from the warm garage causing pressure to push out fluid, leaky seal?

Definitely a leaky seal. What brand/model are your faucets?

You occasionally do need to disassemble and clean faucets. I'd do that, and if any of the rubber orings in there look compressed, consider replacing the orings.

Definitely a leaky seal. What brand/model are your faucets?

You occasionally do need to disassemble and clean faucets. I'd do that, and if any of the rubber orings in there look compressed, consider replacing the orings.

I’ve got a Krome dispensers Tap.
You’re right. I need to disassemble them. I clean them along with the lines every time I change a keg out. I just felt it and the tap gave just a little more when I thought I closed it fully. Maybe that’s it too?

Latest posts

Back