Help identifying fruit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TylerS

Reaction score
Firstly I apologise if this is in she wring place but I need help identifying this fruit that I found walking to work.

image-1223492003.jpg

image-2651093771.jpg

image-939164257.jpg

image-2704473643.jpg

they look like some sort of plum. we had a tree like that when i was growing up. the fruit looked the same except is was a yellowy orange color. but the plant itself looks the same.

It's hard to say, but the fruit, color and leaf shape of the tree all look about right for plums. A little late for plums, though, isn't it?

Looks like plum to me, but take a sample of the fruit & leaves to your county extesion agent for free professional identification.
Regards, GF.

County extesion agent? Who/what is that....?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agricultural_extension

Your county has an agricultural extension service/agent, they're paid (by your tax dollars) to help you with your agricultural applications, such as identifying your fruit/trees & such. Check the county govt blue pages in the phone book for the number. Just take them a sample of fruit & leaves, they'll be happy to ID it for you & they're trained to such things, it's their job.

They have all sorts of free AG info & often they'll have classes & workshops available for free or for a modest fee to cover materials. They'll help you with your lawn, your garden, your hops, weed control, pesticide use, etc...
You're paying for it, might as well use it eh?
Regards, GF.

They look like plums, we have the same type here in the Czech Republic. They will be sweet when ripe and make nice wine or sauces. Grab em before someone else does!

Back