Help identifying a weird coupler?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAUK

Reaction score
May I ask your help identifying this coupler, towards finding the right hardware for it? It seems to be a D-system coupler with "wing" style handles, but it has a diamond T stamp on it (see DSCN0775), making me wonder if that is a brand or manufacturer. It fits my D-system keg valves pretty well. My problem is that the gas input is a threaded FIP, not male. I've never seen that before. The beer output seems to be standard, as my existing tap line hardware screws right on, no problem. I assumed I could just attach a brass nipple to the gas-in, but it is smaller than the standard D coupler inputs. I went down to my local hardware shop and tried all their fittings. I'm pretty sure the FIP is bigger than 5/8" and smaller than 3/4", but they don't have any fittings in 9/16", or metric. So, before I go on a wild goose chase ordering hardware online, I wanted to tap the forum in case any of you have encountered this thing? Any help is appreciated.

DSCN0772.JPG

DSCN0773.jpg

DSCN0774.jpg

DSCN0775.jpg

Back