Help identify keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goro

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I’m looking to get into home brewing and at the moment buying all the equipment. I found this keg in local classifieds which looks pretty old and no info listed.
Does anyone know the size of this keg? Would it work well as a fermenter?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 5145F981-DA90-4ECB-8AB5-D95B90572A0C.jpeg
    5145F981-DA90-4ECB-8AB5-D95B90572A0C.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 58
The ad says 8 imperial gallons but I couldn’t find any info online so I’m not sure it’s accurate.

I have one that looks the same. Mine holds 10 gallons. It does have ball lock posts like a regular corny keg my only complaint is the lid style. It is hard to get a good seal and I haven't been able to find replacement o rings for the lid. My pressure relief is also broken and I can't find one that fits to replace it.. I use mine as a last resort is all my other kegs are full. It would be worth it if the price is right but I wouldn't pay more than about $60 for it personally.. just my .02

Thanks for your reply. You are actually spot on it’s listed for $60.

Thanks for your reply. You are actually spot on it’s listed for $60.
I would snag it for that price. Looks complete and intact. Would be nice to know if it hds pressure though. I haven't ever used mine to ferment just as a serving keg for large batches.

Back