Help I added the Irish Moss at 60 mins...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HmeBrwed

Reaction score
I added the Irish Moss at 60 minutes only to later read it says add at 15 mins... It was my first time ever using Irish moss, have I ruined my beer? will it have off flavors? have i lessend the alcohol volume? please help....

You're fine. Nothing to worry about. The moss will still do its thing and your beer won't be ruined.

OMG!!!!!!!!! Quickly dump that batch before it explodes and kills you!!!!!

Haha, sorry for the sarcasm, I'm a relative newb myself (bout 20 brews in a year) and I can really relate to that panic in the beginning about every little thing that isn't done exactly as told. So from the little experience I've gained so far I can tell you: Don't sweat it, it really takes quite something to ruin a batch! :)

Happy brewing and I'm sure this one will come out fine and tasty!!!!

You're fine. Nothing to worry about. The moss will still do its thing and your beer won't be ruined.

I'm not sure it will do it's thing. I think it starts to break down in the boil. It should be fine though.

Back