Help! - Drip Tray Troubles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bondra76

Reaction score
Was hoping someone could lend me a few pointers or a trick to solve a problem that's been bugging me like no other for a very very long time.

I have a commercial kegerator. It was purchased through an auction site from a restaurant - it was actually an under the counter refrigerator before a handyman I hired drilled some holes in the top for two towers and a drip tray.

Here's my problem -

1) My drip tray is off. The below picture is somewhat close to what I have, except I am using towers with two taps on each of the towers. But what I really want to illustrate is that my beer that drips off my perlick faucets (525s) is hitting the drip tray at the lip of the tray (where the red dot is). I have scratched my head again and again to figure out how the heck I can extend the faucets out even an inch or two and take care of this issue.

3a5e03da9f52b416c7f967d7a6ef918b.png

2) My drip tray is built in and I really can't move it (or the towers either without absolutely screwing everything up). It's built like the photo below. In fact this is pretty much a replica of the unit I have except I have two towers going into the same tray.

tn375_DD50-B041712182122.jpg

Is there a product out there to extend faucets and get my pours into the tray? I literally just need 1-2 inches!

If you could post pictures of your actual setup then I think we could help out better.

Agreed. Huge difference between flush and surface mount, for one thing.

There are surface mount trays with column reliefs carved in them, depending on the OP's column spacing perhaps a pair of such trays could work...

Cheers!

You should see if you have enough shank sticking out the rear in order to insert some 1/2 spacers (think stainless washers) in the front of the tap - effectively moving the drips from the faucets 1/2" further forward.

Back