Help designing RIMS system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,
Long time lurker here..I am in the process of building an all grain system.I have been an extract brewer for 3 years and I am ready..I am so ready for all grain:ban:
I have 3 keggles. MLT,BK, and HLT ready to go.So far I have a 2 burner stand(from Academy) that I have replaced 1 burner with a BG12. This stand will fit 2 Keggles just fine.I have 1 march pump. I will gravity feed to my BK on my turkey fryer (from extract days).
I like the concept that brew magic has by using the burners to get the temp up quickly and then turning off the burners and letting the RIMS system fine tune the temp to within a degree or two.This will require a lower wattage heating element.
My question : Is there anyone with a setup like this that can give me a general parts list or to steer me in the right direction? Thanks!

thanks hammy! My search skills are nill.

I just saw a disclaimer on using rims how it can kill you etc... I think I may go the honeywell/Love controller route.
I know I'm a puss.:D

Ahh, the disclaimer is just a generic one about electricity. I made mine from the thread with no problems at all...

Back