help building a DIY Drip tray

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopsoda

Reaction score
I'm looking for parts to make a cheap drip tray that will sit on top of a kegorator. does anyone have any ideas of what to use , I want stainless steel or a chrome , or black plastic. like a small grate in a 1" deep tray of some sort.
ideas?

or any cheap ones to buy? ... like under $20

Bar Products, Bar Supplies, Kitchen Equipment, Wine Accessories and lots more.

drippan300.jpg

Less than $20.00

2-Taps.jpg

DripTray_New_Freezer2.jpg

Damn, BierMuncher was better with the links and pics. Same tray, great price.

I wonder how some SWMBO's would look standing next to that drip tray? I bet they'd sell more.

That might just be one of the worst web sites I have ever visited...hows the service/ quality?

It is definitely one of the most poorly put together websites out there, but the service is fine.

I've seen a post where someone made drip trays out of a PVC Pipe cap with a shower drain cover for a screen. Pretty cheap and not bad looking. Maybe not as nice as these though.

i really like DIY projects , gives me something to do that's use full,
I'm looking at the heater vent idea now , ill see what i come up with but
its hard to beat the price of that SS drip tray , finding quality materials for under $20 bucks to beat that price ... that's a challenge in itself.

How are you guys attaching them to the side of the Kegorator?

I tried some common store magnets which aren't working out (will not support the weight of a glass). I'm thinking of either strong hard-drive magnets, doublesided tape, or just gluing the damn thing on.

So this looks great and all, but does anyone know where to get one to wrap around a draft tower?

ACU Metal Fab makes them for what seems to be a decent price, but they aren't $20.

I got this quote on 13 Jan 2009: 7" x 12" x 3/4" with 5" cut-out, removable perforated screen, center drain, s/s #4 brushed finish $86.22 ea

The 5" cut-out is for a 3" tower as it fits around the base rather than directly against the tower. If you want it with no drain, add $20. If you want it flush mount, add $20. So +$40 for no drain & flush mount. Polished finish would also add to the price, but I don't know how much.

Most other SS drip trays I've found have been $100+ and I've heard only good things about ACU (I got my tower from them), so they're probably the best bet. I was about to order one from them, but seeing this one for $20 is making me rethink dropping $120 on one.

ACU Metal Fab makes them for what seems to be a decent price, but they aren't $20.

I got this quote on 13 Jan 2009: 7" x 12" x 3/4" with 5" cut-out, removable perforated screen, center drain, s/s #4 brushed finish $86.22 ea

The 5" cut-out is for a 3" tower as it fits around the base rather than directly against the tower. If you want it with no drain, add $20. If you want it flush mount, add $20. So +$40 for no drain & flush mount. Polished finish would also add to the price, but I don't know how much.

Most other SS drip trays I've found have been $100+ and I've heard only good things about ACU (I got my tower from them), so they're probably the best bet. I was about to order one from them, but seeing this one for $20 is making me rethink dropping $120 on one.

Actually I just ordered a tower from there too and got a quote for the drip pan too, but just couldn't bring myself to paying that much for what it is.

OK , thanks all who posted it was allot of help. I ended up buying the one at the site above for the great price ... www.barproducts.com - great prices and great site buy the way.

But given the name of the post I thought it was rude not to build something.
When I was digging threw a bunch of computer equipment I found some of these.

A 80mm chrome CPU fan grill .... I think this will work and there dirt cheap.

crome_fan_grill.JPG

i mounted mine with a couple stainless self-tapping screws. that was on the side of a kegerator, not a keezer, so i didn't have to worry about hitting any lines inside. not sure how i'd do it on a keezer, but i'm curious to find out!

+1 for Bar Products!! I own two...

I'm still trying to design a fridge mount that I can drop the Drip Tray into. I'd like to be able to lift the whole thing out to run through the dishwasher... And it needs to stand off from the fridge just a little bit to make sure my stout faucet drips into it too...

I keep one with my Jockey Box...

Best price I've seen on Stainless Steel drip trays anywhere...

Made mine free out of a peice of shelving from the fridge.

DSC_0265.jpg

sorry it's sideways photbucket won't let me rotate it ...

To attach them to a keezer, you can take some appropriate sized corner brackets and glue them to the keezer then set the drip tray on top of them. There are several epoxies out there that will handle the weight. I would definitely not drill into the keezer.
Just noticed Bobby's is mounted on a keezer. How did you mount yours. - Dwain

Back