Help a starter with his kegerator setup!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdk972003

Reaction score
I am doing this backwards then most of you. I am starting with a kegerator first then going to try brewing. So step one was a kegerator and setting it up right the first time for long term brewing goals. Will utilize 3/16 lines since the beer lines are shorter.

Here are my questions.
1. My lady has requested the occasional ability to put a Diet Coke on tap. How would you all recommend setting up the CO2 side? 4 regulators? Or two with a 3 way tee for the beer? Do I need a bottle pressure indicator? What size hoses for CO2?

2. Anyone have a suggestion for where to buy any of the parts? (the fewer the places the better due to shipping).

3. Also, I want to bolt the tower to the top of the kegerator vs the screws currently used. This is a requirement as the stainless top is bent and the tower is not sturdy with just the stock screws. Anyone know if there are any lines in the top of the unit I need to be aware of before I drill through the top?

4. Can someone help with my checklist? I got the basics but need help on the details. I want to make sure I order everything i need. An accurate "shopping list".

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
:mug:

I built this from parts at kegworks.com I can carb one keg at 30psi if I want to and serve one at 7 psi.

Insideguts.jpg
[/IMG]
Taps.jpg

That looks great. So you can actually run 4 kegs at seperate pressures form the looks of it.

Kegworks sounds like like the place to go. i will start my list there and post it here

Anyone have an idea of how long of shanks I should get for a T tower? They only seem to carry a 4" stainless. The box is 6" deep and that might be pushing it with the hose to fit.

Back