Hello To All from the Desert

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RH53

Reaction score
I'm Robert from the Southern California Desert, new to the forum and brewing, wanted to say Hello to all.
The problem started at Christmas when one of my children got me a small batch brewing kit from Northern Brewer's and 2 extract recipe kits, a Caribou Slobber and a Whitehouse Honey Porter, brewed both kits and they came out very well, even with the few mistakes I made. I am now upgrading my equipment to do larger batches, 2.5 and 5 gal. as one gallon is gone to fast. I know I'll have questions to ask along the way but until then have a great day.

Welcome Robert!
There's a wealth of information here from many expert brewers. I learn something new each time I log in. So ask away with your questions!
The Desert? Is that like.. a dry area with temperatures above freezing, and no ice and snow to contend with?:)
I'm in Minnesota..

Thanks for the welcome, and yes the desert is rough this time of year 75 deg. all the flowers and trees in bloom and snow on the mountain peeks that surround the valley, but in a couple months when Satan's at the airport with his bags, we'll get our's

Last edited:
Welcome Robert!
There's a wealth of information here from many expert brewers. I learn something new each time I log in. So ask away with your questions!
The Desert? Is that like.. a dry area with temperatures above freezing, and no ice and snow to contend with?:)
I'm in Minnesota..

Just so you know, Antarctica is the world's
LARGEST desert. (Arizona comes in at a
wimpy 4th!)

steve in Arizona

Back