Hello HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B33R

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I figured its about time i actually got on here and said hello. Been spending all my time reading the forums since I've got on here. Well I'm Nick, I live in Somerset NJ and I'm finally getting ready to brew my first beer.

I've been enjoying beer for a few years now seeing as I'm only 23 hasn't been that long. I discovered home brewing about 6 months back and thought to myself, hell that sounds like something I'd enjoy. After reading then finally getting things out of the way i was able to start getting and making my supplies for brewing. I'm going to be doing 5 gallon all grain batch sparging.
My 10 gallon mash tun is ready and waiting my immersion chiller is almost finished just trying to decide if i want to use the sink or garden hose with it. My first beer is going to be an American Amber that i found the recipe for online.
I'm excited and can't wait to get the first one made and continue on.

Other beers that I hope to make in the future are an Imperial Stout, cream stout, smoked porter, and i've had this idea for a banana nut brown ale. Got the idea after having Wells Banana Bread Beer.

Well i think that is all for now. Happy Brewing and Happy Thanks Giving,
Nick

Ya know there are some yeasts that will create banana like flavors, you might get away with it w/out actually having to use bananas..

Your first brew is going to be all grain, you have great courage, go for it with gusto!

:mug:

dude, all in on the first go? Nice, I wish you luck, and admire your commitment and courage! I'm at it a bit longer, and just taking the plunge with my next batch. You have anybody to help you along? I'm kinda flying solo, but there's lots of good reading and helpful folks on here!

Nick, welcome to HBT and the brewing obsession. That's some ambitious brewing you have planned but I'm sure it will be fine. If my pipeline weren't full already, I would invite you over to brew.

Well I'm glad you admire my courage. Making my mash tun and chiller have been actually enjoyable. I read two books Palmers How to Brew and Homebrewing for Dummies and i debated awhile weather to do partial or extract brewing first but i decided to go all the way. If i don't succeed at first I'll hopefully do better and better as i move along. I'm hoping i don't come across many obstacles on my first brew but I won't be shocked if i do. On this long weekend i should have my mash tun and chiller tested and ready for game day. With the prep work i put in I'll hopefully only suffer taking a little longer as my penalty for being a n00b brewer and my beer will come out decent.

Back