Hello HBT, love the site.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerAndFlyGuy

Reaction score
Hello all, been reading and enjoying HBT for several months and have to first thank all of you for aiding in my new obsession. Started brewing about 4 month ago and in that time have become completely hooked. Just took delivery of my new kegging system, really didn't take long to hate bottling, as many of you warned about. Thank you for all of the useful information and cordial dialog, you all really make this a site that is fun and informative, and do a great job of keeping on topic and free of the bulls##t that goes on in other forums. Looking forward to many years of brewing, tasting, sharing, and developing new relationships with my fellow beer lovers.

R.

That's the great thing about this site,no BS rules. That is to say,no monkey business is tolerated for long. Just remember not to feed the trolls! This is more like a family site,as we have bbq,cooking/pairing,cheese making,wine,mead,etc. Lots to explore in here!:mug:

Welcome, and thanks for throwing the mods a bone here. We try very hard to keep it a place where good information is shared and people feel welcome accessing it. It's not always easy when there are so many different opinions!

Good luck with your kegging! If you haven't noticed, Revvy has an Excellent sticky with bottling tips. I don't think bottling is all that bad once you get set up right. I especially like his 3/4" plastic elbow trick. Just screw that onto the threads of the sipgot inside the bottling bucket and it will reach down to the bottom of the bucket. That way you siphon almost every bit of beer!

That's a great idea on the bottling bucket, I will still be doing some bottling for sharing and fishing trips etc, but that beer gun is near the top of my wishlist.

Back