Hello from WV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PorterBoy

Reaction score
Hello all, Im 31 years old from NW West Virginia. I never really liked beer growing up. I didnt really start liking beer till about 3 years back when i had tried some of our local brewerys home brews. WOW that stuff wasnt like The big 3 thats for sure. I was hooked on the craft beers after that. Ive had my hand in a little of everything else and have good results with my adventures. SOO i am not liking paying for 13$ 6 packs..So i have been doing alot of research over the past 2 months and am working on a 3 keg system. Starting of with the basics now to do some extracts to hold me over till i can get the all grain setup going. Like most others my funds are limited ( wife likes my money) so i have to do it as a hobby project on the side. I am looking forward to starting out and trying my hand at mamking some good brews to enjoy. I know from past adventures forums are a great place for information. I have looked at a few forums online for brewing and found this the one i liked most :mug: SOo i hope that if i have any questions or need some advice some brew gurus will lend a helping shout. I Like heavy coffe porters and heavy IPA's. :rockin: Thanks for having me folks

Hey. Welcome to the forum. I'm from wheeling. Where are you from and what is the name of the local brewery where you first got hooked on good beer?

Welcome aboard! I'm from Pburg too. (Currently living in Ritchie county.) Sounds like you have things rolling pretty well. My wife and I do PM brewing and probably won't ever bother with AG--don't be too stressed if you can't get up and running as fast as you'd like, you can still make kick-ass brews! :mug:

Hey PorterBoy! I grew up in Parkersburg (Mineral Wells actually).

PJM - I'm gonna guess he got hooked at the NET, although Marietta Brewing Company isn't too far away.

Wow great i got some people close. Maybe we could meet up sometime and have a brew. Im from Parkersburg (southside the best side :) ) Yeh it was the NETs porter that got me hooked. Marietta Brewing company is just as good. Chris the brewmaster for the NET is also the BM for MBC now so the beers kinda taste about the same.

Sorry I did not see Parkersburg, I was on my phone when I posted. I love the NET. Have stopped by there twice when passing through. Had great beer both times. Did not know about Marrietta Brewing Company. Will check it out next time I am down that way.

Wow great i got some people close. Maybe we could meet up sometime and have a brew. Im from Parkersburg (southside the best side :) ) Yeh it was the NETs porter that got me hooked. Marietta Brewing company is just as good. Chris the brewmaster for the NET is also the BM for MBC now so the beers kinda taste about the same.

<- Parkersburg South Class of '93! :rockin:

Looks like we have a quorum for a brew day! PSHS class of 93 here, but I've lived on the north side of town for several years now, so I have dual citizenship.

We have strength in numbers, so if you folks want to get in on a group buy of equipment or materials let me know. I wonder if there is a WV brewers forum here on HBT. If not, perhaps we should start one!

Found this: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f219/

Looks like we have a quorum for a brew day! PSHS class of 93 here, but I've lived on the north side of town for several years now, so I have dual citizenship.

We have strength in numbers, so if you folks want to get in on a group buy of equipment or materials let me know. I wonder if there is a WV brewers forum here on HBT. If not, perhaps we should start one!

Well look at all the Southsiders hanging out in the woodwork. Esp. from '93. My wife graduated in 93 as well. Good to know there is so many people close by. I would be up for a meet an greet at the Net. I still have alot of questions and it would be nice to talk over a growler.

I can't promise I'd be able to make it, but if someone puts a time together I think that would be fun. I'd certainly try to make it. :tank:

Well look at all the Southsiders hanging out in the woodwork. Esp. from '93. My wife graduated in 93 as well. Good to know there is so many people close by. I would be up for a meet an greet at the Net. I still have alot of questions and it would be nice to talk over a growler.

Back