Hello from West Yorks!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been brewing for a few years with various hits and misses. I'm particularly keen on brewing malt forward Scottish ales but also regularly make other British styles and I've experimented with lager a couple of times. I brew all grain.

Good to meet yous all :mug:

Despite being from the wrong side of the Pennines, Welcome! Where abouts are you in West Yorkshire? Many years ago I lived in Huddersfield for a short while, now I'm only there when we do the Rail Ale Trail.

Tim

Hi Matey,

I'm in Bradford so not to far from 'The Hudd'. I've not managed to make it on the Rail Ale Trail. I think it goes to Batley though?

Hi Matey,

I'm in Bradford so not to far from 'The Hudd'. I've not managed to make it on the Rail Ale Trail. I think it goes to Batley though?

It's a great way to spend a day drinking. I do it on Sundays when the stag parties and general knobbery is non-existent, and you don't have to waste valuable time queuing at each stop.
It goes as far as Batley but coming from Warrington Hudds is where we usually go to ( decent bar at each end of the platform so it makes a good double header to start) then work our way back to Stalybridge.

It's always funny watching the non locals try to say Slaithwaite.

Sounds like something worth a try. I always find the offcumdens attempting to pronounce 'Keighley' pretty hilarious when I stop for Timmy Taylors! At least you know where you are with plain old Bratfud.

Back