Hello from Tulsa, OK

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulsashag

Reaction score
well, I've been lurking here for a while and figured I'd at least post a hello...

I've been brewing using the mini-mash method and bottling for a few years but just last weekend did my first all grain (AHS sierra nevada celebration ale clone) with the assistance of one of my co-workers and dad and now i'm really hooked.

With the help of several posts on the DIY section, I converted coolers (10g rubbermaid and igloo cube) with parts from home depot/lowes into a MT and HLT, added a stainless steel false bottom and even built my own sparge arm from cpvc.

I also just finished the first coat of chalk board paint to my kegerator, just need to order some shanks, faucets and a drip pan...

Other items on my wish list is a some sort of a gravity fed brew table (i'm thinking brew ladder), natural gas jet burners, march pump and a sanke keg (keggle).

On tap I currently have a Rasberry Cream Ale, a clone of Youngs Double Chocolate Stout and Root Beer for the kids. Plus I just bottled a wine kit for the wife (Pinot Grigio) and fermented/bottled some Simply Apple juice using champagne yeast into hard cider.

The joke at work is you can be brewing for $100, I seem to have trouble spending under $100 at a time at the local or online brew shops....

Latest posts

Back