Hello from Tucson, AZ!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nadnerb88

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been a creeper on these forums for a while. I learned a lot and figured it was time to say hi. I've done 4 brews so far:
1. Ingredient kit IPA - Wasn't too good at first but surprisingly to me after about 2 months of aging its gotten decent
2. Based off of a Irish Red recipe from my LHBS but I changed and upped the hops to make a sort of red IPA (I'm actually drinking right now). Much better than my first brew and I split up the batch to see the effect of dry hopping so I had some not dry hopped at all, some with 0.3 oz/gal and some with 0.8 oz/gal and definitely think the more hops the better!
3. Pliny the Elder clone. I'm from the SF bay area so I've had it and enjoyed it but cant get it down here so I thought I'd try to brew it myself. I did an extract recipe based off of the double IPA PDF from Vinnie (I'll post my recipe if anyone is interested). The hop profile is pretty close and its the best beer I've bottled so far. I haven't been able to sample it side by side next to real thing yet but in a few weeks I should be able to and Ill post the results.
4. Deception cream stout recipe from this forum posted by NCBeernut. Just tasted a sample after 2 weeks in fermentation and its really good! I put in a bit more extract than he called for since I didn't want it just sitting around the house. I look forward to bottling and drinking this!

My next few batches I plan on doing some 1 gal SMaSH recipes and I'm setup to do BIAB so that I can learn the tastes of different malts and hops.

This post turned out longer than I planned for...but oh well!

Welcome to the obsession (as they say around here)!

And you live in the place where dreams go to die? Me too! Sort of... part time resident. I'm heading out in a week for the high country. I will be back this fall. Check out the next THC meeting if you can make it. Meetings are on the first Tuesday of the month and have been at Dragoon for a while, however, we just met this month at Sentinel brewing. Great group of brewers and some serious beer geeks! Bring your homebrew and taste what other people bring. Always a good time!

Thanks! I agree that it's an obsession! I just moved here a few months ago but I like it so far! I've been wanting to go check out one of those meetings. Hopefully I can make the next one and maybe I'll see you there after u get back!

Well to to HBT nadnerb88. Another Tucson brewer here, partial extract, bottles. Been brewing for 5 year sir so. Hope to see ya around.

Hi all, I've been a creeper on these forums for a while. I learned a lot and figured it was time to say hi. I've done 4 brews so far:
1. Ingredient kit IPA - Wasn't too good at first but surprisingly to me after about 2 months of aging its gotten decent
2. Based off of a Irish Red recipe from my LHBS but I changed and upped the hops to make a sort of red IPA (I'm actually drinking right now). Much better than my first brew and I split up the batch to see the effect of dry hopping so I had some not dry hopped at all, some with 0.3 oz/gal and some with 0.8 oz/gal and definitely think the more hops the better!
3. Pliny the Elder clone. I'm from the SF bay area so I've had it and enjoyed it but cant get it down here so I thought I'd try to brew it myself. I did an extract recipe based off of the double IPA PDF from Vinnie (I'll post my recipe if anyone is interested). The hop profile is pretty close and its the best beer I've bottled so far. I haven't been able to sample it side by side next to real thing yet but in a few weeks I should be able to and Ill post the results.
4. Deception cream stout recipe from this forum posted by NCBeernut. Just tasted a sample after 2 weeks in fermentation and its really good! I put in a bit more extract than he called for since I didn't want it just sitting around the house. I look forward to bottling and drinking this!

My next few batches I plan on doing some 1 gal SMaSH recipes and I'm setup to do BIAB so that I can learn the tastes of different malts and hops.

This post turned out longer than I planned for...but oh well!

I am from Tucson myself, but now live in Virginia. Do you frequent the brew your own brew store?

I am from Tucson myself, but now live in Virginia. Do you frequent the brew your own brew store?

I actually went there first but then found the brewers connection on speedway which is closer to where I live so ive been going there

Back