Hello from the PNW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnwpiper

Reaction score
Hi, I've been lurking here for a while and decided to jump in finally. I got a small batch brew starter kit over the summer and made the IPA that came with it. I'm not huge on IPAs so now I'm onto making a porter. I prefer dark beers. I'm hoping to learn more about what I'm doing wrong and right on the forums. Thanks everyone.

Hannah

Good luck on your second brew! Our next batch will be a dark beer, also, a dry stout. Its the right time of year for these beers! And welcome to HBT.

Welcome. From we're in the PNW are you? I'm in Vancouver WA. I also prefer Dark beer over IPAs. Planning on a robust Porter this weekend.

Also a PNW'er though just on the other side of the Canadian border. Welcome!

Good luck with the porter! There is definitely tons of great info available through the folks on these forums. `

Welcome also from the PNW, Southern Oregon here. Great group of folks on here, I am always amazed the the wealth of knowledge here.

From your screen name are you a bag piper? I used to play in a small street band in Oregon. Never got great but I could follow the band in most of the sets. :mug:

Welcome also from the PNW, Southern Oregon here. Great group of folks on here, I am always amazed the the wealth of knowledge here.

From your screen name are you a bag piper? I used to play in a small street band in Oregon. Never got great but I could follow the band in most of the sets. :mug:

No I'm actually not a bag piper. I do enjoy listening to them though. I collect tobacco pipes. I'm currently down in LA on a trip and will be driving back to Washington later this week. Any places I should stop on my way up? I'm always heading down to Oregon for something.

Located in PDX area myself. Just started a chocolate Porter in my LBK. Anyone else using Mr Beer as a starting point?

Back