Hello From the Oldest Town in Tennessee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidF66

Reaction score
I just wanted to say hello to everyone on HBT. I've been lurking and reading for a little while and am really impressed with the quality of information that passes across this board.

I'm from Jonesborough, TN which is the oldest town in the state AND home to the International Storytelling Festival. It's a small town with not a lot going on most of the time but a nice place to live. We do have a micro here though. Depot Street Brewing is located here and turns out some pretty good stuff.

I'm not brand new to home brewing having brewed my first batch about five years ago. When I first started I brewed like mad but was never really satisfied with the results I was getting. I sort of lost interest after a year or so. A few months ago I was passing through Asheville, NC and stopped by Asheville Brewers Supply and the bug bit again. I picked up one of their ingredient kits and brewed it up the next day. I haven't slacked off since! I've done three batches since then and am pretty happy with what I've produced. Now I'm contemplating the move to all grain. Thanks to FlyGuy's MLT thread this will happen sooner than later.

Well, I've rambled on long enough. I enjoy reading the board and have learned a lot already. Looking forward to learning much more and joining in the discussions that take place here.

Best wishes to everyone on HBT!

DavidF66

welcome to a fellow tennessean! I live outside Greeneville and I too started brewing this year. Been thinking of going to a State of Franklin Homebrewers meeting. Are you a member?

Thanks McKBrew and deathweed. Nice to meet you.

Hi Boodlemania. I'm not a member of State of Franklin but have been thinking of attending a meeting too. I'm usually not a 'joiner' but from what I've seen on their website they look like a good group to become involved with.

DavidF66

Hi, David, and welcome to the forum. I live just outside of Erwin, but might be moving to Bluff City in the next couple of months, if things go as planned.

I didn't know that there was a local group! I'll have to check it out.

Be well!

Welcome!

I am from Middle Tennessee and wish I lived in East Tennessee. Might happen in the future sometime. It would go along with my other passion of flyfishing.

Back