Hello From the Deep South

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmlove1218

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I stumbled upon this forum after I was given some fermenting honey and a member from another forum suggested I make mead with it. I look forward to learning how! Thank you.

Hello everyone! I stumbled upon this forum after I was given some fermenting honey and a member from another forum suggested I make mead with it. I look forward to learning how! Thank you.

Hey Hmlove1218, welcome. I am pretty new here too. Where are you from? I've been told that mead's take quite a long time to finish out. Any truth in that?

Welcome to your new obsession. ;)

Just what I need... another addiction lol. I'm already addicted to soap making.

Hey Hmlove1218, welcome. I am pretty new here too. Where are you from? I've been told that mead's take quite a long time to finish out. Any truth in that?

I'm from Mississippi. I've also heard that it takes time to age properly depending on your recipe and personal taste.

Greetings from New Orleans! I made my first batch of basic mead in December. I let mine age 3 months before I drank it, and I wish I had waited another 3.

Welcome from Kansas! I was born in New Orleans and went to H.S. in Ocean Springs, MS before leaving the coast. I hope to return soon after my my military career is over. :mug:

I haven't tried making mead before, but I look forward to it sometime.

Back