Hello from the cold north!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jubuttib

Reaction score
Hlo there! Been interested in homebrewing for years already, it's been in the back of my mind forever, but finally this year I met someone who actually does it, and he finally pushed me over the edge (Kharnynb on these very forums). First we talked, then I read a lot, then I helped him make a batch with his BIAB set up, and now I've finally got my own.

The thing that interests me most about homebrewing, aside from my massive love of beer, is that it allows me to try out all sorts of things and let my nerd out (not that I keep it locked in most of the time anyway).

So in light of that, sensible or not, I decided to dive off the deep end and go straight to all-grain BIAB brewing, and even less sensibly I decided to not use any pre-existing recipe to make my first brew, instead opting to do my own SMaSH recipe using American Pale Ale as the guideline (Brewtarget and BrewersFriend were very helpful with this process). So I got me some pale ale malt, a bag of Citra pellets and a pack of Safale US-05 and set to work. My first ever batch has been happily bubbling and burbling away in the back room since Sunday, and primary fermentation is starting to die down (long gaps between burps). Since my bucket has a tap that helps prevent contaminations to some extent, I pulled a sample today, very close to predicted FG and tastes more or less like beer already.

Still a month to see how it all turns out, can hardly wait. =)

Thank you. =)

Oh, and I should probably make it blatant where this particular cold north is: Finland!

Thank you. =)

Oh, and I should probably make it blatant where this particular cold north is: Finland!

haha... I read your original post three times to figure out why I am dumb and don't see where you are located :)

I like you guys up there. Most beautiful person I ever met in my life was a guy from Finland :)

People in this community are incredibly willing to help and have great advise!
Have fun here!

Thanks for the warm welcome, much appreciated. I'm new to this whole thing, but I'm also very nerdy about everything I start so I'm trying to cram as much knowledge into my head as possible (which may not always be a good thing), I'm looking forward to years of interesting experimentation. =)
haha... I read your original post three times to figure out why I am dumb and don't see where you are located :)

I like you guys up there. Most beautiful person I ever met in my life was a guy from Finland :)

People in this community are incredibly willing to help and have great advise!
Have fun here!
Heh, I don't think I can live up to that standard, but I do what I can. =)

Thanks for the warm welcome, much appreciated. I'm new to this whole thing, but I'm also very nerdy about everything I start so I'm trying to cram as much knowledge into my head as possible (which may not always be a good thing), I'm looking forward to years of interesting experimentation. =)Heh, I don't think I can live up to that standard, but I do what I can. =)

haha! you never know... maybe my Standards of "beautiful" are just as weird as I am? ;)

Greetings from Canada!

I spent the best part of last winter in my steamy kitchen teaching myself to brew... I'm looking forward to the cold dark days of brewing to come.

Welcome to the club.

Latest posts

Back