Hello from Southern Illinois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggmatt

Reaction score
I am from Marion, Il.

Been brewing since 95. Of course, I've made a lot of bad beers. Came in 3rd in a local contest one time with about 40 beers.

Research most my recipes here.. Been lurking here for a couple years, decided to join.

Hi there Matt.

I’m from Pinckneyville. My brother and I accidentally ended up in the Marion Super 8, and subsequently found 17th St bar. Now when I travel to Illinois I always stop at Speakeasy Liquor (across the street) to buy Bell’s.

The drive sucks, but it’s fun being somewhere for a few days where I don’t have an accent. People here don’t know where the hell I’m from, but they know I’m not from Texas.

What’s up with the Big Muddy Brewery? I had a couple Saluki Dunkeldogs on tap and they were pretty good. A couple of years later my brother bought a six and it was fairly undrinkable.

Welcome to the forum. I’ll be on I-57 Oct 17 and Oct 20. If you’re interested in Texas beer, PM.

Haven"t been to big muddy in a while.

Illinois just passed the most liberal craft brewing law in the nation. Carbondale signed deals with 5 microbreweries.

Can't wait

Back